Sunday, February 15, 2015

The Morning After (Victoria listens, understands the joy of Julia's passionate night)

The Morning After
It was a beautiful Sunday morning at the beach.   I saw Julia on the steps leading to the beach, and she seemed to be contemplating the events of the last 48 hours.

“Do you want some coffee?” I said as I step down to sit behind her, “or do you just want to talk… Justin?”

At first, she frowned at hearing her male first name, then looked at me with her eyes full of gleam.  “Justin’s gone Mom, and his troubled life is behind me.  I can’t thank you enough for showing me how being a woman is so  incredible.  We’ve never been this close before.  I love being your daughter,”  she sniffed back a tear.  “Or… being Connor’s woman, his lover…”

“Trust me, honey, I know.” I said as I wrapped my arms around my child.  

Ten years ago, Vince went from being Justin’s adult dad to being Victoria, the lovely blonde homemaker who co-owns this beach house, with her wonderful husband.

 “So… did you have as good a night as I did, Mom?,”  Julia asked with a playful smile. 

I played it cool, and replied with a proud smile.  “Maybe not.  I figured, as much wine as Gary, me, you, and your Connor had last night on the porch, we were pretty randy.  So, you didn’t hear us shaking the floors upstairs?”

We both exploded in giggles and held each other.  “I just assumed it was Connor that was making my world rock!”

Enjoy the feeling,  my darling.

No comments: